Set a personal fundraising goal! When you register online, each participant can share individual fundraising page that can be customized with pictures and messages. Ask family, friends, coworkers and local businesses to support you by donating on your behalf. Invite them to walk or run with you, too!
- Tip #1: Make A Self-Donation
- Donating to your own page reflects your commitment to T.E.A.L.® and our fight against ovarian cancer. If you didn’t make a donation at the time of registration, do so now here!
- Tip #2: Update Your Personal Page
- Log into your Participant Center and tell your story! Your donors will want to know why are you connected to this cause. Take the time and upload a picture!
- Tip #3: Start Early
- The sooner you start asking for donations, the more funds your will raise for medical research and awareness programs for ovarian cancer. As soon as you register to become a fundraiser, get organized, and start asking!
- Tip #4: Set A Goal
- Your fundraising goal should be a reach, but possible! If you are getting close to your goal, raise it so people continue to donate!
- Tip #5: Contact Everyone You Know
- Start with your email address book, then your regular address book and member lists from clubs and organizations you belong to. You’ll be surprised who gives!
- Tip #6: Customize Your Emails
- Make the email template yours. Include a personal story – why you’re raising money, why it’s important for donors to give, and where the money goes (medical research & awareness programs for ovarian cancer)!
- Tip #7: #GetCreative! Create or Dedicate an Event:
- Throw a party or have a bake sale to benefit the cause. This is a great way to quickly reach and surpass your goal. Some of our teams have thrown some amazing and fun events that raised significant funds for the cause. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about organizing an event!! Fill out this form and return it to email@example.com.
- Tip #8:Create an Email Schedule
- Set a date to send a first email announcing your participation in this event (invite others to join you!), a second email asking for donations, send an update email, and a “last chance” email.
- Tip #9: Ask, Ask, and then Ask Again
- People can only make a donation is you give them the opportunity! Don’t be shy about asking more than once. People need to be reminded, sometimes more than once.
- Bonus Tip: on average it takes 3 asks to result in 1 donation
- Tip #10: Add Social Media to the Mix
- Use status update on facebook and twitter to update your friends on your fundraising and provide a direct link to your fundraising page!
- Contacting Local Businesses: Often local businesses are more than happy to donate to a good cause, all you have to do is ask. Contact your favorite neighborhood spots and see if they are willing to lend a hand to get you to your fundraising goal. Be persistent, but always say thank you whether they say yes or no.
- Matching Gifts: Double your donation by asking if your company has a matching gift program.