Kiara was the first T.E.A.L.® Youth Ambassador. She works to tell every amazing lady about ovarian cancer and its symptoms.
She joined after learning that her older cousin Jennifer, herself a T.E.A.L.® volunteer, had gone through treatment and emerged cancer-free.
Since then, Kiara has been an amazing force for spreading awareness of ovarian cancer and T.E.A.L.®’s mission.
To name just a few, Kiara has:
- Participated in the Annual Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run
- Opened and closed the New York Stock Exchange with T.E.A.L.®
- Been interviewed by BronxNet TV with CEO Pamela-Esposito-Amery
- Made two public service announcements
- Hosted a fashion show with her own line, Kitara, during Harlem Fashion Week, drawing awareness to T.E.A.L.® and honoring ovarian cancer survivors
- Made ovarian cancer awareness her platform for Miss Teen New York, Miss New York Teen USA, Miss Teen of New York, and Miss Jr. Teen New York pageants
- Received a Winning Women Award from the Brooklyn Cyclones for the work she does for T.E.A.L.®
- Partnered with Neveen Dominic, CEO of Neveen Cosmetics, and created a VIP event to honor ovarian cancer survivors.
She has also conducted health fairs, posted about T.E.A.L.® on social media, and served as a greeter and stage assistant for T.E.A.L.®’s 10-year gala at the Brooklyn Museum.
She is passionate about raising awareness of ovarian cancer, and plans to continue doing what she can to make young girls and teens aware of this serious issue.